In defense of self : how the immune system really works / William R. Clark.
- ISBN: 9780195311266 (cloth : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 0195311264 (cloth : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 9780195336634 (alk. paper)
- ISBN: 0195336631 (alk. paper)
- ISBN: 9780195335552 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 0195335554 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Description: vi. 265 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Publisher: New York, NY : Oxford University Press, 2008.
- 4 of 4 copies available at NOBLE (All Libraries).
- 1 of 1 copy available at Merrimack College. (Show all copies)
0 current holds with 4 total copies.
|Library||Location||Call Number||Status||Due Date|
|Merrimack College||Stacks (3rd)||QR181.7 .C5532 2008 (Text to Phone)||Available||-|
|Northern Essex - Lawrence Campus||Stacks||QR181.7 .C5532 2008 (Text to Phone)||Available||-|
|Phillips OWHL||Stacks 3||616.07 C54IN (Text to Phone)||Available||-|
|Salem State University||Stacks||QR 181.7 .C5532 2008 (Text to Phone)||Available||-|
|General Note:|| Includes index.
|Contents Note:|| What is an immune system? -- Antibodies -- How do antibodies work? -- T cells: the second arm of adaptive immunity -- The immune response to infectious disease: all out war! -- When the immune system is the problem, and not the solution: microbial immunopatholgoy -- Vaccines: how they work, why sometimes they don't, and what we can do about it --When the walls come tumbling down: HIV/AIDS -- When the walls come tumbling down: primary immune deficiencies -- When the immune system is the problem, and not the solution: hypersensitivity and allergy -- The immune system and cancer -- Autoimmunity -- Organ transplantation -- First defense: the immune system and bioterrorism.