For the common good : principles of American academic freedom / Matthew W. Finkin and Robert C. Post.
- ISBN: 9780300143546 (cloth : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 0300143540 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Description: 263 p. ; 22 cm.
- Publisher: New Haven, CT : Yale University Press, c2009.
- 2 of 2 copies available at NOBLE (All Libraries).
- 1 of 1 copy available at Merrimack College. (Show all copies)
0 current holds with 2 total copies.
|Library||Location||Call Number||Status||Due Date|
|Merrimack College||Stacks (3rd)||KF4242 .F56 2009 (Text to Phone)||Available||-|
|Salem State University||Stacks||KF 4242 .F56 2009 (Text to Phone)||Available||-|
|Bibliography, etc. Note:|| Includes bibliographical references (p. 191-241) and index.
|Contents Note:|| The historical origins of the concept of academic freedom -- The 1915 Declaration and the American concept of academic freedom -- Freedom of research and publication -- Freedom of teaching -- Freedom of intramural expression -- Freedom of extramural expression.
|Summary:|| This book offers a concise explanation of the history and meaning of American academic freedom, and it attempts to intervene in contemporary debates by clarifying the fundamental functions and purposes of academic freedom in America.--From publisher description.
Finkin, Matthew W, "For the common good : principles of American academic freedom," New Haven, CT : Yale University Press, c2009.