Contagion and chaos : disease, ecology, and national security in the era of globalization / Andrew T. Price-Smith.
- ISBN: 9780262162487 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 0262162482 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 9780262662031 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 0262662035 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Description: x, 281 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Publisher: Cambridge, Mass. : MIT Press, c2009.
- 3 copies at NOBLE (All Libraries).
- 1 copy at Merrimack College. (Show all copies)
0 current holds with 3 total copies.
|Library||Location||Call Number||Status||Due Date|
|Merrimack College||Stacks (3rd)||RA643 .P73 2009 (Text to phone)||Available||-|
|Endicott College||General Collection||RA 643 .P73 2009 (Text to phone)||Available||-|
|Salem State University||Stacks||RA 643 .P73 2009 (Text to phone)||Available||-|
|General Note:|| Sequel to: The health of nations / Andrew T. Price-Smith. c2002.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:|| Includes bibliographical references (p. -273) and index.
|Contents Note:|| Theory and exegesis : on health and the body politic -- Epidemic disease, history, and the state -- Pandemic influenza : on sclerosis in governance -- HIV/AIDS, state capacity, and national security : lessons from Zimbabwe -- Mad cows and Englishmen : BSE and the politics of discord -- Epidemic of fear : SARS and the political economy of contagion in the Pacific Rim -- War as a "disease amplifier" -- On health, power, and security.
|Action Note:|| cat 20090303 nsh
Search for related items by subject
Communicable diseases >
Communicable diseases > Political aspects.
Communicable diseases > Social aspects.
Diseases and history.