No university is an island : saving academic freedom / Cary Nelson.
- ISBN: 9780814758595 (cl : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 0814758592 (cl : alk. paper)
- Description: ix, 289 p. ; 24 cm.
- Publisher: New York : New York University Press, c2010.
Search for related items by series
- 2 of 2 copies available at NOBLE (All Libraries).
- 1 of 1 copy available at Merrimack College. (Show all copies)
0 current holds with 2 total copies.
|Library||Location||Call Number||Status||Due Date|
|Merrimack College||Stacks (3rd)||LB2322.2 .N45 2010 (Text to Phone)||Available||-|
|Gordon College||Stack Level 3||LB 2322.2 .N45 2010 (Text to Phone)||Available||-|
|Bibliography, etc. Note:|| Includes bibliographical references (p. 267-278) and index.
|Contents Note:|| The three-legged stool: academic freedom, shared govenance, and tenure -- How a campus loses its way: sixteen threats to academic freedom -- Legacies of misrule: our contingent future -- Barefoot in New Zealand: political correctness on campus -- The future of faculty unionization -- Graduate-employee unionization and the future of academic labor -- On weakened ground: the AAUP, pedagogy, and the struggle over academic freedom -- No campus is an island: reflections on the AAUP presidency -- Evolution or devolution: the future of the AAUP's committee A on academic freedom and tenure.